Saturday, January 9, 2010

Welcome to Granby Pen!!

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words so heres a bunch!!












My Office...Library.. Prayer Room...





yes the trinkets are hung by paper clips! Resourceful i feel is a good word




i cant pass up a good deal and well I love Christmas



Some cool architecture in the church.



Cool kids room down stairs, the teacher did it all herself, like no cut outs..



nursery



Jesus Loves Me...



So this is the church where I am working.

It has been tough to get into the swing of things. This is not just a STM where every move is planned for you and you never say no. Right now what I want to do, what I like matters. Pastor Brent said I was more than welcome at their house. So that was the plan. Last night I told Valerie I would be home by 7 or 9 tonight. But her husband asked me today after the board meeting what my plan was. And Pastor Brent helped me say I'll call you once I know. I was so scared of offending someone that I was umming and uhhing. SO Pastor Brent helped me see how to communicate with them. So in the end lesson # 1 its okay to be firm and to put up my own boundaries with what I am doing. So it shall be a great night. Seriously everyone i have met have been more than incredible to me. Its awesome to finally be here and to experience everything going on here. I wish I could put everything in this about the people but here is a few people that are awesome

Pastor Brent and his wife Carolyn - They have just opened up to me and I feel like part of the family. Cutest kids of life and they are super cool too!!!!

Valerie and Alain the couple I live with - they have opened up their lives to me and their home. Incredible role model for me is Valerie, she just loves God with everything in her and its cool to see this type of relationship with God. Alain is sooo funny. He tries his best to speak english to me although at times Val has been needed. He was worried the other day when I left without a hat on and was in my little boots. So today he made sure I had a hood on my head while outside lol. Just really incredible couple.

Richard and Marjorie - They are a great couple who have extended to me a great deal of encouragment. Perhaps the best way to put it is as if I am their granddaughter. I was reminded that if I ever need anything, anything at all, let them know. Esp. Richard towards me in the board meeting and as I have "hung out" in his company more as been truly delightful!

Roger and I had a great talk today. He is someone I can see as a mentor and I really hope that can happen. His wife is spoken of in great regard as well.

Well tomorrow i meet the whole crowd so till then

<3 me

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are making some good connections! I am sure there will be many new and interesting things to discover in the next weeks and months! I look forward to staying updated with you! (It was not the same without you and all the other missions interns... you all will be missed!)

    Have a great day!
    Julia :)

    ReplyDelete