Friday, January 15, 2010

A week and a bit in

Well I guess it is time for a blog eh?

It has been a very busy week here in Granby so I'll let you know a few things that have gone on

Breakfast club occurs at the english elementary school here. It has been really fun to get to know the regular kids and it is encouraging to see the church working alongside the school system. It can be a bit chilly as I walk from where I live to the school but after getting lost the second day I came here I have a bullet proof ability to get to the school using a far less complicated way!

Meetings with my supervisor have been really encouraging. At times I still feel unsure of what I am supposed to do or who I am supposed to be with, but slowly with adjustments things are coming along quite well.

Meeting everyone in the church was really good. Im not the best at going into a crowd but the people here are absolutely wonderful and I must say all my fears have been calmed. There are some really beautiful people here that I get to interact with.

I got a chance to meet with a senior man here on Tuesday and this guy is incredible. He's close to 100 years old, walking around, has his own mind and is really funny. HE has all these home remedies for things my least favorite would be cabuchka. its some drink that in summary is really good for you but tastes like fermented mushroom tea. (yep that explains it well). Anyways at one point in time I am to play chess with him, now when I say this i mean i will be beat in a second, he beats the computer when he plays and he has played with the chess masters of the world!! I am telling you this man is a tank! Not only did God spare his life in thr war but he had the most incredible observation about the church and being a Christian. He said, I love Christ, the church is the Body of Christ, so I love the church so I go to Church because I love it as it is Christ! I love Christ, I go to church!
It shook me a bit just thinking this one through. And checking my attitude and stuff that i am annoyed by can be turned into praise to God!

I also went to the City Hall yesterday and along with other city Pastors we prayed there in the council chambers. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITY! It blew me away to see pastors from all different denominations coming together to plead before GOd for their city!

And I went to TIM HORTONS!!! I met up with a girl form the church who is a bit older than me and it was really good. It feels so much better to have someone who is my age who I can talk about twilight and books and all other things with. So hoping to see her more often!

UMMM what else, oh school work that I ma having to do is a bit annoying, i have lots to do and not sure how or when I'll get it done. but oh well.

Oh and the bus here, what a triky situation!!!! but today went well!!!! I got to the church safe and sound.


And on Monday I went with Pastor Brent to the radio show!! sooo cool

Okay thats all form me

<3 Rachel

1 comment: