Monday, January 4, 2010

A final Albertan Goodbye

It is incredible to be so at peace with going. The calmness of knowing I have done all that I could before leaving, and knowing that there is no turning back has helped me settle into the mindset of "an adventure awaits"

to be honest though there has been a few challenges along the way - mainly luggage.

for one: “Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?” Erma Bombec wittily said. I hate getting one piece of luggage right away ans having the second one come near the end. Mainly I have bad luck with luggage and this trip is no different.



For this trip I mainly packed like this - grab everything "sort" through it and pack what you need. My first attempt I packed everything except a few shirts and a few dresses. I attempted to pack a few times before I came home to Calgary but sure enough mom saw all my luggage and said lets go through it again. Two hours, three sortings, switching suitcases and duffel bags four times I am fully packed and ready to go. Did I mention the full piece of luggage worth amount of clothes mom made me ruthlessly pick through and not take with me. Seriously most ridiculous thing of my life, but that's why I love my mom. Blunt and does not care what my excuse is for packing 15 similar styles of shirts in the differing shades of black and black and white and white.

my dad has dealt with freight his whole life and is a convenient luggage scale at home. after his approval and a promise to scale them at the family business i will be able to say for sure that my luggage is packed well and cheaply!

anyways, the rambling as begun and exhaustion is setting in so till Quebec,



BYE!

1 comment: