Thursday, January 7, 2010

ARRIVED!!!

Bonjour! That was about all I had going into this adventure, and well I thought I would learn more before I left. And well, after a long awaited time, I must say it is a pleasure to be typing to you from Granby Quebec with still little French. Thats my next task!

I arrived here 1.5 hours late from Calgary on Tuesday and have been able to settle in quite well. My office at the church is toasty warm and beautiful, and my room at the apartment here is just the right size.

I was quite nervous to meet everyone but they have been all too kind and wonderful to me. Pastor Brent has issued me into Quebec with some national food (Poutine soft "I" not harsh like we say in Albert, and a steamer - hot dog with mustard ketchup and yes sour crout and onions)seriously soo good.

Today officially I can say I have gotten lost once, and in the same time I have realized that not many speak alot of English. This morning I was to be at the elementray school where we do a breakfast club feeding program and it is within walking distance form the apartment I live in. Well a few wrong turns and I was late and lost and found myself asking French Teachers at another school where i was to go. Luckily an English speaking teacher at the High School told me how to get there. I seriosuly laughed at myself as I watched four Teachers gibbering in Frnech completely unabel to communicate. Welcome Hero #1 to my life. THe english speaking teaching.

Through my walk today and a few conversations I found myself so intrigued with the history of Quebec. The buildings are beautiful, full of character and the frosted trees shine. The hustle and bustle of people is comforting to hear and to become a part of while walking through the street.

Also dial up internet is uber slow so I am going to sy I'll talk to you in a bit!!!

From me to you, a huge hug and loads of love

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment