Wednesday, January 27, 2010

There's no such thing as another day

Hello Day 22 in Granby Quebec

Well some might say that I am beginning to get my groove on!

My life is starting to almost have a routine to it and it is a comforting thought to see that I am making it through my fourth week now here. I am getting used to guessing what is being said to me in French and my great attempts to learn a few words has been of great benefit!

For school (yes to bring it up) this is a little assignment a reflection on the idea of excellence in ministry. It is really tempting to go into life and each day and live as if it really does not matter what is going on around us. It easy for ministry to become just a job. For ministers to see the people as souls they need to save and not recognize that they are a whole person first. I do not really care what your occupation is, I still think that your place of work is the ministry you are in. And I still am a Christian and I do believe that people need to know Jesus as their Savior or else they will be eternally separated from God. I am not denying that by any means. But I do not think that one or two people screaming once in a while to turn or burn is going to be the most effective way to accomplish goals of seeing lost people find their Savior. I think the most effective way is to a be a passionate person who lives life to the fullest. To live a life of watching out for others, helping where you can, and loving the people around you where ever you choose to be.

When the struggle of passion and sacrifice takes place, that is where your priorities are shown. Thats where what you really care about what your limits are will be shown. Excellence comes at a cost. And I think that in order to be excellent you must also be completely humble. Without being humble excellence will turn into pride and before long you wont be very effective.

Anyways just a rambling for school

No comments:

Post a Comment