Friday, January 1, 2010

Cheering into 2010

Welcome to the new year! Happy Holidays to you guys and to your families.

I wish that I could put into words all that has been going on but here it goes, at least a bit of whats all occurred since school ended.

I had an awesome time once school ended to be able to spend a few days working at a flowershop. I loved this job in the summer and to be in the shop again felt great. I work with these old ladies who have designed floral arrangements for quite some time and they are some of the funniest ladies I know. It was incredible to love on these ladies again. They always seem snide and cynical to new girls, but underneath their stone appearances are beautiful ladies who have wisdom to learn from.




Christmas this year was quite enjoyable. My parents and one of my sisters come up from Calgary and along with my other sister in Edmonton we go out to Spruce Grove to see our sister and brother and their kids. Colton my nephew is three and left cookies out for Santa for the first time. In the midst of potty training, Colton was quite excited for the day. He now understands that what is in the wrapping paper is much more fun than the paper itself. Lacey's first Christmas was this one and it was so cute to see her helping unwrap presents and to see her laugh. For all of us to be together for a full day makes the stress and work of the holiday completely worth it.



Boxing Day was Lacey's first birthday. the get together was delightful but again being with my family and cuddling with my niece and nephew was the highlight.



I had an opportunity to talk to my nephew on the phone today and although the majority I did not understand the hey Rachie and the next few minutes were incredible. Colton and Lacey mean the world to me. It will be hard to leave them but the phone call to reiterate to me that they know who I am and that I can still talk to them and be involved with their lives even when I am gone gives me the courage to go.





I packed on Christmas night, I re packed boxing day night, I will most likely unpack tonight and re pack, and tomorrow for sure I will. I drive home Sunday night after church and I fly out Tuesday. My friend from college who is also going on internship conveniently lives in Quebec and will take me to my internship location. I am quite excited that I will get to see a friendly face at the airport.





Its crazy to think in just a few days i will be across the country and gone for 14 weeks. The adventure of my next phase in life only a few moments away. So most likely till a crazy ngiht before i leave or until i am in Quebec from me to you, Cheers into 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment