Friday, January 22, 2010

A beauty of a Day

Well where do you begin a post after a crazy week like this one?

Hmm, yeah no way to write about everything so I'll pick and choose

Sunday after church we went singing at a seniors home. IT was really beautiful to be all there and singing. *cough cough* about singing. Confession, i used to actually sing in choir and things like that, i used to almost be okay at it but now that I do not have the time to care I suck, like actually ahah but sure enough i was singing alone to country music in my office quietly and now Pastor Brent has this idea that i shoudl sing in church. so i am attempting to prove him wrong that i cant sing lol, or shall i say unless there is a life and death emergency i have no plans for that?!! anyways well see how that goes.

But while we were there I spoke to this couple who have been married for 60 some years. She was in the home and he comes and visits her and she said to me through him that he is her hero. and when she saw my reaction she began to laugh so hard. I was so inspired by them that there is such delight in knowing someone so well for so long. The love between them was so strong and so courageous.

The kids at the breakfast program at the school are so delightful. they are the absolute cutest kids around and they are always wanting to know something. So this week it was who am i? Am I Pastor Brent's sister? Nope I am his assisstant. But its cool and encouraging to see them trying to connect dots and who knows how God will pour into that school?!

I have been really tired at the end of each day here, (in bed before 8 tired) but I usually am still tired when I wake up. But today was different I woke up and the sun was rising over their "mountains" (im albertan their mountains arent what i would call mountains but for argument sake we'll call them mountains) and it was beautiful. The sun was bright and the air crisp and each step i took walking toward the school was more joyous. I noticed different buildings in the sky line for the first time, and to be honest I hadnt been able to enjoy it yet.

Its like when reading the Bible and you re read a story you have read a billion times and all the sudden you notice something new. Something catches your eye and a new insight is found. I was reading in Exodus how God had equipped the people with skill knowledge and understanding so that they could build the tabernacle. Its cool to see that God equips us for the tasks at hand.

Anyways, I am about half way through week three, which means that if this had been a short term missions trip I would have been home now. So cheers to living here for a time, cheers to the sun shining and cheers to a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear about how things are going Rachel! Sounds like you have the chance to connect with some incredible people!

    You are continuing to stay in my prayers! Oh, our life group has a new member, and funny story she is from Quebec... it is like you both switched places. Anyways, looking forward to continuing to hear from you!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, It sounds like you are settling in very well and keeping very busy.

    Enjoy every experience... and know I am praying for you.

    Tante.

    ReplyDelete