Saturday, December 17, 2011

Life Event 2

I love my life!

I really do

I love where God has brought me

it has not been an easy path but it has been the very best path

In February an old professor of mine asked if I would be interested in a youth ministry job - I politely declined.

But he insisted we have coffee. (My cheapness knew he would pay so I agreed)

The friday he first texted me I cried and cried (yes I have an incredible ability to tear up and cry - dont judge me)I cried out of fear, out of grief, out of doubt, out of insecurity out of it all...

I had a great plan in my mind a few jobs I knew would open up and I was just passing time till it came up than I would apply...

So I had tons of people praying - pastors mentors board members, grandparents everyone was praying for this meeting between myself and an old prof

so in the end I met with him and I was excited at the end - I went to Cuba then I came back and preached for two weeks in a row

my first sermon was terrible - actually T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E
second one was better - and on Friday that week I was offered the position.

That whole month between the text message and the job, was a month of battle

I had grown to love MWPA and I had a passion for all I was doing - I loved my preschool kids, my bosses, the staff, the areas of volunteering I was involved in - something in me said stay - at the same time something else in me was saying go. I didnt know which one was God and what was me - I will never forget that Friday when I met with Elder Kwon and the Senior Pastor Sim. I was a wreck - I called my mom in the parking lot and I was shaking - I ended up walking into the church (most people would have assumed I was lost) and the groundskeeper just asked me about myself - I said a little then I asked his story and he poured out his story from his heart - God spoke so clearly through him - I knew this is where I belonged and I was more terrified than ever before.

Elder Kwon was running late and a young adult I recognized came down and said I could wait upstairs - I dont think he realized how terrified I was inside - so I just kept talking to this gentleman who is now on the missions field because God told him to "go".

Anyways I met that night and I accepted the position.

So I am the English Ministries Pastor at Edmonton Korean First Presbyterian Church.

its been 8.5 months and I am so thankful I surrendered to God's plan for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment