Saturday, December 17, 2011

Life Event 1

So to update you on my life of the past year and a bit this is probably the second biggest thing ---- GRADUATION


I finally graduated with my 4 year (although it feels like a blink and a trillion years all at once) Bachelor of Arts in Intercultural Studies with a Children and Family Studies Minor.





I can remember my last assignment, a 10 page personal reflection paper for professor Big Mac (name is a whole other post to explain) and I pounded it out in 3 hours (yes a record for me)it was the weirdest feeling knowing full well that was my last assignment - the one I had been counting down to for the previous 8 semesters, the feeling that a major accomplishment had been achieved, but I was the only one done - so celebration had to be postponed till Nova was done - she took forever mind you







anyways I can remember in my first year when I crossed the stage for my hms certificate I heard a fourth year saying that I had no idea what real graduation was like - this was just a premature grad for me - I had a long way to go still - man they were right... so finally it was my time and I soaked it in... (random fact about me - if i have an opportunity to soak it in - I will - welcome to why I love birthdays and christmas and all of these distinct moments)





so graduation was the second biggest event this year





Okay now before you say why is she barefoot let me explain...

I love heels - 5"10 being my height I secretly enjoy clearing 6" - actually
So Grade 12 grad I bought beautiful heels - 7 weeks before grad I broke my ankle - no heels for 2007....
I bought a beautiful pair for grad this year - in fact I wore them all day (minus from am service to car - I was barefoot then)


When it was my turn to cross the stage my feet were sweaty (grossness >.<) and I was shaking - so I simply kicked them off - barefoot vs falling on my face in front of people - I went for barefoot - welcome to my life...



This is one of my absolute FAV couples - RandC are perhaps one of the most inspiring couples I know - R graduated a couple years before me - but he was one of the most influential guys at school in my life - I could ask him a question and he would simply give me an honest answer, and he has perhaps the biggest heart ever! Then his wife C graduated a year before me - she is one of the most amazing lady I know. She doesnt apologize for who she is nor does she make excuses - she gets stuff done and does it in an incredible way - she has walked with me and Nova through alot - I admire her tenacity and her commitment to the people in her heart is amazing - it is an honor to know these two!



This is Elder Kwon and His wife - you will find out about them later - lets just say this is the beginning of that area of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment