Wednesday, January 11, 2012

NYC 2011

Boxing Day - 2 am came way too early - I got up from an hour nap, showered blow dried my hair and got my face on - I had to pick up one of the kids at 245 so I would be at the airport with coffee in hand before the rest showed up. Luckily - the girl I picked up is fabulous and didnt mind the sheer mess I felt as I awaited what border guard we would be "blessed" with. The kids came on time luckily and we got ready to check in - I am always amazed at what people look like in airports especially when they land (once upon a time a friend and I came to the airport to escape school assignments and simply watched people come home to edmonton - you could tell where they were coming from and lets just say not many people look refreshed from a flight from vegas). My goal this trip was to look fabulous at all times in the airport (this would prove to be harder than I thought). Anyways it took forever to get everyone checked in and then to say good bye to parents and then wait for customs. Luckily my kids are for the most part fantastic but the guard we got to cross into usa soil wasnt so chipper. He started off mean until I told my kids to shh and then he became my friend. He had lots of questions for me because I am white and the seven with me were all korean - which led as always to what do I do - and then the age comment - followed by questions for the kids and comments to me about my position and my age - we finally got through and in the back of my head I began to wonder at the miracle of my position at my age in the place I am. It has truly been a blessing to be where I am. Not easy - no that is not the word to describe it - perhaps instead joyful and growing?! yeah something like that.

Anyways we went to New York and after a bit of time got into the church we would be staying in - it was gorgeous - not one of those massive churches that put millions of dollars into decor but rather it was like I walked into my grandparents house. It was so lovely. We went to Time Square and had a blast experiencing manhattan at night. The next morning came way too fast where we carpooled with the nyc church up to Rochester for the GKYM conference. The church blessed us and we drove up in a 15 passenger van and the 7 hour trip made me realize a. I dislike long car rides b. this was a blessing and I should be thankful - we arrived had some issues but in the end it was an incredible blessing to be there.

The conference was a missions conference - and that was a blessing - I was poured into and could find truth to apply to my life in many ways and it felt great to seek God again, in a setting where I was able to seek Him in the crowd and not feel so watched. God challenged me so much during this retreat. I dont know all the words to say about it - just that God and me have a lot of work to do, its the refiner's fire for me.


When we came back to nyc we went to manhattan again and a late night followed. I do not like being cold when I sleep I have discovered. Its not fun at all. But none the less the church blessed us soo much in nyc. I love this about being a part of the Body of Christ - we are all together in this. Cheers to adventures and God's refining process

No comments:

Post a Comment