Thursday, January 5, 2012

Holidays

There has always been a tradition in my family growing up. For the past ever we have spent Christmas morning together and have enjoyed being all together - niece and nephew and even the brother in law. Some how we always made it work. But this year the schedule had to be molded around mine and thankfully my family is full of love and was willing to move around it. It was a crazy weekend - church home family pack. It seemed like there was never enough hours to accomplish all that I had to do and wanted to do. I told my mom lets skip Christmas next year. LEts do a big family vacation in the new year instead. And while for me that might work - I highly doubt it will happen. Here is the thing I am learning there are seasons of my year that are insane and others that are far more calming. This year has been a year of firsts. And so my first Christmas here was something else but at the same time throughout it all God was faithful and beckoned me to come to Him first. My parents came to church on Sunday and watched all the different aspects of the educational departments performances and the rest of the service. It is easy to see how quickly Christmas can become a busy day instead of the celebration - so next year we will do it a bit differently but I end with this - I am so blessed too have an incredible family and an incredible church family that I love with everything in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment