Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Basic Plan

This is the story of how I got to today and why I am going to Quebec!

I have the cutest niece and nephew who I love with all my heart. When I went to SE Asia in my first year of college, my nephew didn't know who I was when I got back. It hurt me so much, so with a three month internship ahead of me, my niece the same age as my nephew was last trip, I decided to do it here in Edmonton.I had it all figured out and I was feeling pretty great about it.

Than one Friday, the youth pastor was speaking about letting God stretch you and I felt God saying to me that I had two options, do it his way, or do it my way. I guess in that moment I said, fine God, so it your way and i really meant it. The next night I couldn't sleep and all I could think about was Quebec, so in the morning I asked the youth pastor for the contact info for the pastor he took a team to.

I sent an e-mail to the Pastor and it began the emails. He asked me a lot of questions and vise versa. His board approved it, and the school did to. So heres the deal. I am Going to Granby Quebec in January and will be gone till April. I will be doing visitation, feeding prgram, preaching, kids stuff and a vbs. I am soo excited but I am also scared. Its hard to let go of all my fears and to just trust God, but thats whats going on.



So this is the journey of me, Rachel, and my trip to Quebec.

Lots of stuff to do before I can go, so next on the list is FLIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment